Two Hour Delay

This morning I was given a nice surprise.  Just as I was getting ready to gather my things and walk out the door my phone rang.  My cell phone is never turned “on” because I don’t want to be woken during the night, but since my husband’s been sick, I’ve been sleeping on the futon and had to set my own alarm.  Good thing my phone was on- I received a call saying that we had a two hour fog delay.

After getting over the initial confusion, I thought to myself “What in the world am I going to do for two hours?”  Everyone else in the house was asleep, and I was ready to go.  I turned on my computer and the tv.

After catching up on the morning news and my e-mail. I ate breakfast and decided to be productive.  I watched a TED video for one of my classes and wrote a reflection.  My husband woke up- and was quite confused- but we were able to sit and talk a while too.

I left for work without having to worry about rushing, drive along the still foggy roads, and even had time to make a quick stop.  Even though my students were overly excited and it made for a bit of an exhausting day, it was nice to start the day so peacefully.  I think we should have delays more often!  =)


2 thoughts on “Two Hour Delay

  1. We love the late start treats that occasionally come our way. A bit of breathing time and no need to make up the day. I’m glad you were able to enjoy some Friday fun!

  2. Earlier I was thinking about writing a post about delays and here is yours (great minds and all that) :). Some delays can be a blessing giving us unrushed moments to enjoy as experienced this morning. Nice.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s